skip to content »

litmuseyon.ru

Churden girl sex

churden girl sex-4

$7000 in cash or land damage is secured in Grovel and, which with a most noble and generous proposition has been acceeded to by most of the land holders, of taking f 15,000 of new stock for the purpose of completing the road, and rendering both the stock and bonds available in the market, will if the proposition is accepted to, bring the means ap- plicable to the completion of the road up to 145,000, with what will be taken by contractors for grading and materials, is considered a good basis for putting the road under con- tract." The assessments for the extension were at five different times, the first one of 10 per cent, being payable February 20, 1851, the second of 20 per cent, payable March 20, the third of 20 per cent, payable April 21, the fourth at 20 per cent on May 20, and the fifth of 30 per cent on June 20. At the annual meeting of the Newburyport Railroad Company, held at the depot in Newburyport on Septem- ber 21, 1850, it was shown by the treasurer's report that, " of the capital stock about $70,000 has been paid in, and that about $120,000 has been expended, most of which excess has been raised on bonds and mortgage of the road." This meeting decided in favor of the route to Haverhill by the way of Groveland, after many " eloquent speeches,'* and the examination of detailed " statements." By the Haverhill Gazette of November 28, 1850, it appears that ** a meeting of gentlemen interested in its extension to the Boston and Maine was held on Friday last in the depot in Georgetown which promises the most favorable result to the completion of the road, $21,000 of new stock for this purpose has been taken in Newburyport and Newbury and 30 THE NBWBURYPORT AND DANVBRS RAILROADS.

33 miles to West Newbury," was begun in the Haverhill Ga- zette, but this did not come to anything till June 12, 1869, when the West Amesbury Branch Railroad Company was given the power to construct such a road. Was one of the life saving crew at the Plum Island station for several years, and died in 1906. 145 140 David Titcomb Woodwell, born in Newbury Oct. He learned the trade of ship-carpenter, working in the Woodwell yard several years. " The editor of the Lawrence Courier has again mounted his high heeled shoes, and is dealing out his commands where our railroad shall go, as though he were the real " money king" of railroads ... On September 14, 1850, the Gazette re- turns the Courier's fire. In March, 1854, authority was given to cross the Eastern Railroad tracks, and a station was then built near the mall on High street which is now used as the Bos- ton and Maine freight depot. The Georgetown station was located nearly where the freight house now stands, and the track was covered the length of the station. The second agent was Albert Carleton, who served seven years, and the third, S. With the mention of the great damage done by the heavy freshet the spring of 1852, the worst since 1785, the first agitation for a road to run from Groveland, " three Georgetown Railroad Station Erected ill 1850. The only station between Newburyport and Georgetown was at " Pearsons' Mills," now known as Byfield. After the Danvers and Georgetown Railroad was united with the Newburyport Railroad, the station was moved to the present location. The first sta- tion agent at Georgetown was George Spoffoid, known on account of his small stature as "Little George the Giant." He was the son of Dr. From photograph taken about 1865 Georgetown Railroad Station Erected in 1850. John Lewis of Lynn, Mass., Tory in the Revolution, and some of his Descendants, . In the Courier, under date of September 7, 1850, we have a fair sample of the sort of editorial written at that time.

John Lewis of Marblehead, Mass., and some of his Descendants, ..... The route through Boxford to North Andover, was 6 1-2 miles and 50 feet in length ; grade not exceeding 35 feet, and the estimated cost was '$92,000, ready for the cars.

When completed, the grade from Georgetown to Haverhill was 26 feet to the mile.

By Henry Follans- bee Long (Illustrated) 17 (iii) IV CONTENTS. Marblehead in the year 1700 (Illustrated), 1, 178, 221, 306 Poore, Alfred, M. Groveland Localities and Place-names, 161 Poore, Alfred, M. This road by this arrangement will be a most remarkable exception, as regards Haver- hill, for almost every building in the town will be seen from the cars, as they run along the opposite bank, form- ing a most beautiful real panorama." So level was this route, that the road was almost ready for the rails with- out labor, nearly the distance of 5 1-2 miles to George- town.

A portion of the road bed was at sub-grade ; the depot buildings were not completed ; and the arrangements which the directors had been able to effect with the long lines of road at the termini were un- satisfactory and unfavorable." At this time the " running expenses of the road, includ- ing salaries of the superintendant and treasurer, fuel, oil, etc., engineer, fireman, conductor, brakeman, switch-men, ticket masters, road master and three men, two repair hands, sawing wood, etc., amounted to $37.59 a day." The total income amounted to §83.05 per day.

While the road was opened to Bradford for public travel on September 22, 1851, the trains did not run regularly until the latter part of October, and for the first " five or six months after the opening, it was operated to much disadvantage.

Eastern Railroad, for the use of its road bed and station in Newburyport, were not satisfactory to ttie Eastern, and the Newburyport Railroad was notified that *'on and after November 26, 1853" they would be obliged " to start all their trains from their own depot." At this time an effort was made to obtain permission from the legislature to extend the road to the Merrimac river at Newburyport, hoping to get all the river traffic, and at the same time ob- tain a very central location for a new station, but the bill was entered too late for legislative action that year, and in addition the Eastern Railroad refused to waive their rights, and in consequence the plan was abandoned for the time, but on March 28, 1854, this extension was granted.